Temperatures are in the 100’s and summer is here. And an air conditioner malfunction can leave you hot under the collar. So make sure that your air conditioner is working to its full potential now, so you’ll be ready when the hot weather hits.
The non-profit North American Technician Excellence (NATE) organization has money saving tips for consumers to help them keep their cool this summer and beyond.
1. Be proactive – Don’t wait for a breakdown. Preventive maintenance such as professional cleaning and tune-ups will cost far less than repair or replacement.
2. Use your senses – Note the sound your air conditioner makes when it’s working and cooling properly. Machines often “tell” you before they’re going to quit. Pay attention to changes and you might avoid a costly repair.
3. Watch your utility bills – Air conditioners can be energy gobblers in the summer. If your bills are unusually high, your system may be struggling and/or may not have been installed correctly. Having a qualified technician inspect your system can save you money on your utility bills.
4. Check references – When you call a contractor for service, insist on at least three names and phone numbers of recent customers with similar equipment. Call these customers and ask tough questions including if they would use the technician or service again.
5. Check qualifications – Ask your technician if he or she has earned certification from NATE, the national certification organization setting the standard of excellence for technicians working on air conditioning, ventilation and heating equipment.
We, here at Cooper Climate Control Heating & Air-Conditioning are here to answer any questions that you may have. Give us a call today!