Are you considering upgrading to a Wi-Fi thermostat? Your investment will open up new dimensions to home climate control. Take a look at what awaits you when you place priority on choosing a quality Wi-Fi thermostat over a manual model.
Capabilities of Wi-Fi Thermostats
All programmable thermostats are able to change the temperature in your home automatically based on the settings you program according to your daily schedule, resulting in energy savings. However, Wi-Fi thermostat capabilities go well beyond this. Many can do the following:
- Learn your temperature preferences at different times of day to program themselves automatically and even keep up when your tastes change
- Be controlled from afar with any Web-enabled device, including computers, smartphones and tablets
- Lower the temperature automatically when you leave for vacation because the motion sensor detects that no one is around
- Monitor the home’s temperature and tell you if something is wrong, such as if the air conditioner is not working
- Deliver heating and cooling efficiency reports and suggest changes to save you money
Getting the Most from a Wi-Fi Thermostat
To enjoy your web-enabled thermostat to the fullest, you may need to install extra sensors outside and throughout your home. For example, you can set the nighttime temperature to 70 degrees and ensure the bedroom is at exactly 70 degrees by assigning the thermostat to base the temperature on the sensor in your room. Also, exterior sensors are important for maintaining the right humidity level inside based on outdoor temperature and humidity.
Installing and Using Wi-Fi Thermostats
Some Internet-enabled thermostats can be quite easily installed by a DIYer while others have packaging that strictly suggests you leave the job to a professional. Likewise, some are a breeze to operate while you may want to keep the user’s manual nearby for a while with others. As you weigh the pros and cons of different Wi-Fi thermostats, speak with a professional for advice on which one to ultimately settle on.
For professional help choosing a Wi-Fi thermostat; contact your Heating & Cooling Specialist at Cooper Climate Control today!